BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vtdigger.org

At first glance, I thought that this would be a pretty interesting site. The graphics caught my eye made me want to look around more. It reminded me of an elaborate scrapbook page with stickers and torn paper. I went to the Business Model tab and found how they were non-profit and that I could easily made a donation through PayPal. That is always a good idea because when using your PayPal account, you don't even need to enter your credit card number so it feels like your not even spending money. I tried to go to the Comic section, because that sounded appealing to me, but their were no comics in it. This disappointed me a little bit. I enjoyed the Opinion section which seemed to have stories from a broad ranger of people. My favorite was by a high school student by the name of Luna Larkin. I liked that these opinion pieces ranged from serious to upbeat and funny like hers was. The stories do seem to be all around well-written. If i were to assign them a political leaning, I would say liberal. I went to a story about the deployment of the Vermont National Gaurd, that included a video clip of the speech that Michael Dubie gave. I thought it was a decent unbiased story, however a man (Rod) did not agree. He stated that Obama was just as war-crazy as Bush and that this was horrible reporting. Four minutes later a response to his comment was posted by Anne Galloway. I think that this shows how dedicated that she is to this website. She is monitoring all activity on it very carefully and responding immediately to the reader feedback that comes in. I think that this site has definite potential for success. It is well-organized and varied greatly, from the writers styles to the story topics and layouts.

0 comments: